ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 12:42:03 EST
Hello all you wonderful Bear fans!

I am posting this to see if I can reach some of you who might be trying to
call here or the Hockey Office!  My phone has been ringing non stop, and folks
have stopped by the house, looking for this information!

Call 581-2327 direct for tickets.  The FMH won't have any as a group!

McDowell Tours is running a bus trip, I am told, but I have no other
information at present.  I should know more tomorrow, when she gets back into
town!  Her number is 989-3098!

At present the best rate we could get is at the Holiday Inn Newton, for
$69.00, plus whatever tax Massachusetts has!  This is about a 45 minute ride
and is on the Green Line.  The number is 617-969-5300.  The team is staying at
the Royal Sonesta which is very expensive for individuals, with rooms around
$150 -200 a night.  It is, however, fairly close to the rink.  We are
investigating other places.

I am currently working hard on a place for a pregame rally.  I understand the
pub below the Fleet has closed, so have been working on The Harp, or a room in
the Fleet Center.  I will keep you folks updated.

If there is anyone with information or connections that would help me with any
of this, please email or call me directly at (207) 942-7468!!

GO MAINE!!

Cathy Hart
Proud Volunteer for the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation!