From:
"Tuschen, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuschen, Terry
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:01:28 -0500
(Summary from recent newspaper articles and radio broadcasts from the
Big Ten meetings in Chicago)

Everything I've read and listened to indicates that ND joining the Big
Ten is now almost inevitable, like a snowball rolling down a hill.
BigTen commissioner says that they don't want this to be an ongoing
process, need to make a decision soon.  Talks are way "beyond the
'exchanging of information' stage".  Someone (commissioner I believe)
even said that Big Ten football going to divisions (with ND) is not
possible, but probable.

Joe Paterno said coming to the Big Ten was a great move for Penn State,
etc.

I will note that no mention has been made as to what this move will do
to college hockey or any other sports.