EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Burt Hatlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 06:11:30 -0500
In the preface to his new edition of Basil Bunting on Poetry, just out
from Johns Hopkins UP, Peter Makin says that Pound defines prosody as
"the total articulation of the sound of a poem," but he doesn't give a
source for the quotation.  Can anyone give me the source? Yes, I've
looked in the "Treatise on Metre."

The Bunting book looks quite fascinating.  I'll read it in the plane to
the MLA, and send a report later.

Burt Hatlen