From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 19:49:21 -0500
At 1:11 PM -0500 2/19/1998, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> <<  So, I have decided that I would like to print those and send them to the
>  Board of Trustees, who hired the school president, as an example of what
>  the college hockey world thinks about this decision.  >>
>
> Mike,
>      Not trying to inflate your postage costs, but appropriate recipients of
> carbon copies might be the ADs and presidents of every college with a hockey
> program.  While I don't personally know anything about Merrimack and Ron
> Anderson, it's obvious from the responses there's been a screw job here.
> Would something that offsets the stigma of being a released coach in the eyes
> of potential employers help reduce the injustice?
>
> just $0.02
> Bob

One thing that I think we're all in agreement on ("we" being Warrior
followers) is that Anderson will likely land on his feet in a job where he
can do well and that he will enjoy.  Hockey people know what he can bring
to the table.

He has been mentioned in connection with the new Lowell AHL team which
begins play next season.  Even if he doesn't get the head coaching job, he
seems to at least be a solid candidate to be an assistant.

He'll be someplace in a year or two, the only question is where.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****          Color Voice of Warrior Hockey  WCAP 980 AM           *****
*****        Unofficial Warrior Hockey home page located at:        *****
>>>    U.S. College Hockey Online http://www.uscollegehockey.com/     <<<

"I'm disgusted.  Merrimack's problems have nothing to do with Ronnie.
(Bruins coach) Pat Burns couldn't win coaching in that rink."

- 1988 Hobey Baker winner and all-time leading scorer Jim Vesey on the
  school's decision not to renew the contract of Ron Anderson, 2/17/98