From:
"Tami L. Kuhn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tami L. Kuhn
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:03:24 -0500
I can only respond to the "best game" question based on limited exposure to
other teams.  Probably the best title for me to use is "The Most Fun/Best
Game I've Seen the Spartans Play".  For me, that would be the game at Joe
Louis arena last season where MSU defeated U of M.  We were one of the only
teams to hand them a loss last year.  Ron Mason figured out a way to stop
their offense and we were able to put some pucks in the net.  It was a
thrilling game by two teams who were at their best, IMHO.

This is a big week for MSU and UoM.  The basketball teams played on
Tuesday.  MSU was the winner.  This weekend, we meet twice on the ice.
 Friday night is at Munn Arena.  Saturday is at Joe Louis.  I've heard
predictions that JLA will be sold out.  Whether or not Marty Turco is in
goal, both games will be good contests.  I do expect that Chad Alban will
be on top of this game, as usual.

There is a nice article by Anne Marie Krappmann in today's "Lansing State
Journal"  about Chad.  Unfortunately, the paper is not on the web.  Just
some stats from the article ... "Alban's 1.56 GAA is 30 games is the best
in the nation"; "He leads the CCHA with a 1.63 average and a brilliant .921
save percentage"; his 6 shutouts this year are an MSU record; 10 career
shutouts are a CCHA record; 12 shutouts (all games played) are another MSU
record; he's 5-0-2 against ranked opponents and his GAA in these games is
0.98 with a .950 save percentage.  How about Alban as a Hobey Baker
candidate?

Tami L. Kuhn
Coordinator, Campus Life Orientation
Michigan State University