From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 10:54:04 -0600
Lydia wrote:

>and as to whether or not this goes on at other schools,
>how about Alaska/Anchorage Seawolves....their dogs for goodness sake but
>they throw fish on the ice...

Unless I am mistaken, a seawolf is a euphemism for a shark or a killer whale
(forget which).  Of course there are two intertwined threads, here - one
about littering the ice with anything, the other about the use of animals
(living or dead) and whether that's "just good fun" or tasteless.  People
develop passionate feelings about both issues, but especially the latter.

In terms of college hockey content, this is about on a par with the battle
of the bands a couple of years ago.  Nevertheless, I have no problems with
people sharing their views on the topic with the list - seems relevant
enough to me.  I'm sorry not everyone agrees with that opinion, but then
again I never expected to please everyone.

Cheers

Tom Rowe  -  Hockey-L Administrator
Department of Psychology
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point