From:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron Lindman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 19:59:07 -0600
Before I go too far into this post, I should state my target in case some
readers of this care not to read it. I have a few complaints about the
UND/Gopher series this past wknd in Grand Forks.
        My first gripe is the fact that a "live" animal either a gopher
or rat was thrown on the ice after the sioux scored their first goal.
That was accompanied by many other stuffed gophers and a few actual
frozen gophers. After the second goal, more stuff was thrown (pop cans,
etc)... What kind of obsession do Sioux fans have with throwing stuff on
the ice? This has happened for years. My first year, over 50 powerade
plastic bottles littered the ice after several games as well as many
other soda cups and other various refreshment holders. Yeah, a warning is
given, heck, even two like on Sunday against Minnesota, but is anything
ever done? No, its not. Maybe I am just blind, but does this happen
everywhere? After BU wins/scores or Michigan wins/scores or any other
team for that matter, is the ice littered with garbage, dead animals,
live animals?? I think that is pretty tasteless.

        Secondly, I would like to place a vote for Jason Blake as the
player to take the biggest cheap shot I have ever seen in a college
hockey game. Sunday after the Sioux had taken a one goal lead, Blake skated
around throwing his weight around and then skated to the corner to fight
for the puck with the gophers' Abrahmson. Blake then grabbed his own
stick with both hands and baseball swung/slashed right at the hands of
Abrahmson causing him to drop to his knees immedietely. Of course, no
penalty was called despite a linesmen standing feet away. After getting
up, Abrahmson skated over to the referee to show him the cut that was on
his hand. So, Blake, here's to ya. I suppose it helps to wear your IQ on
your jersey.

                                                aaron.