From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 14:10:36 -0600
Kevin Ames wrote:

"The split against the Sioux kept
> Minnesota in a tie for first place in the WCHA
> standings."

I thought the Wisconsin Badgers took two games from Alaska-Anchorage so
are undefeated.  Or, has ND and Minn played more WCHA games?  I haven't
seen any standings yet.

BTW, I was able to buttonhole Bill Howard, the goalie coach for
Wisconsin, at the local UW-Stevens Point game a couple of weeks ago (his
son, Casey, plays for the Pointers, a Div III school and Bill comes to
some of the games) and asked him about the prospects for the Badgers.
He was very optimistic.  He seemed to think the Badgers would be very
quick with a lot of depth and (reading between the lines) seemed to
indicate they would be competitive at the top.

For those who have seen the Badgers this year (I haven't), how do they
look?

Tom Rowe                                     [log in to unmask]
Home of Division 3 National Champion Pointers
                    89, 90, 91 & 93