ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 02:04:07 -0500
I like Regrouping!!! The players started the season with a ----load of
baggage--not their own. Couple that with injuries and psychological wounds --
you get inconsistency. The defections simply gave other players the
opportunity to rise to the occasion--players will do that sort of thing when
given the chance. It goes to show you that judging talent, at best, is an
inexact science. We should judge by performance only. BU's team of11 draft
picks falls to a team of 2 picks. BC's highly touted recruited team winds up
in 6th place? It appears from Maine's performances of late that any player is
replaceable. I don't mean to demean the talent that left or the talent of
this Maine team. It takes more than talent to win hockey games. Maine's
adversities, lack of scolarship money, etc. hasn't taken the shine off
Maine's paint. Standbrook knows how to get it and Walsh knows how to apply
it. Those who would continue to discredit Maine do so for one reason--envy!!
The only Maine forecast that rung true was Howell's Picks. He said the Black
Bears would probably surprise those who have written them off!!!!
To the 96-97 Black Bears.......performance all the way.............

Price