From:
"Luiz F. Valente" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luiz F. Valente
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 12:00:41 EST
>Posted on 8 Dec 1997 at 23:36:51 by John T. Whelan
>
>        I'd like to chime in that in watching Jeff Holowaty hold Cornell
>to one goal in the first 55 minutes last month, I came away with the same
>impression: he was stopping everything, but didn't seem that impressive.
>Perhaps, to paraphrase Mark Twain, Jeff Holowaty's goaltending is better
>than it looks...
>                                        John Whelan, Cornell '91

I have to agree with John Whelan. In my 1996-97 Brown pre-season
preview I described Holowaty's goaltending as "unconventional."
Holowaty's style is unique but effective. Right now Holowaty's save
percentage (.914) is higher than such "name" goaltenders as Union's T.
Koenig, Harvard's J. Prestifilippo, and Princeton's E. Santarelli.
Over the past three seasons, Brown has always seemed to play with
a little more confidence when Holowaty has been in goal.

Luiz F. Valente