From:
George Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Downing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:33:30 PST
>Rebecca Moss wrote:
>
> 1) BU was on break, and due to the (very, very strange and restrictive)
> security rules at BU, students couldn't even get into their dorms until
> Sunday.  Because of this, most students scheduled their vacations so they
> got back Sunday afternoon or evening...

I think you'll find this is not as "very, very strange and restrictive" as you might think. UNH does the same thing; I suspect many schools do. The reason is, when the students are gone, a large chunk of support personnel is also gone, and not being payed. If the dorms remained open, security, maintenance, dining services, etc., would have to be running at full strength instead of skeleton staff.

Attendance at the UNH-Maine series was a little weak as well, although Maine fans filled out the stands for the second game. The first round in HE has traditionally had low attendance, regardless of where the games are played. I would guess that students having to pay for tickets would have a lot to do with it.... As well as the usual hassles of figuring out how to get tickets in the first place...

> Sunday night, so don't blame them... at least not totally. Blame the BU
> administration!

I will, however, be happy to blame the BU administration for just about anything. ;)

-George Downing/UNH '92