From:
Stephen E Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:22:58 EST
The basic NCAA rule regarding age & eligibility is that any
participation in organized sports competition during a
12-month period following one's 21st birthday -- and prior to initial
enrollment in college -- counts as a year of varsity competition in
that sport.

Thus, for example, a 23-year-old hockey player who has been playing
Jr. hockey somewhere, including 2 seasons after his 21st birthday, &
who joins a college hockey team, will have only 2 seasons of
eligibility remaining.

To the best of my knowledge, this rule applies only to Div. I.

Dr. Stephen E. Roth              [log in to unmask]
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                    (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208         FAX (716) 888-3190