From:
"Tuschen, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tuschen, Terry
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:02:53 -0600
Tom, was at the Saturday game (watched the Friday game on tape delay)
and I didn't think the Badgers played all that poorly overall, except
for some lazy defensive lapses that gave Denver goals.  Actually, Denver
played very well and apparently have been for a month or so according to
their record.  DU's goalie did a nice job too.

Now to bitch a bit.  The Ref gave DU a penalty shot in each game!  The
decision to award a penalty shot on Friday night was poorly thought out
to say the least - to say the most it was negligent.  The UW goalie had
caught his stick in the netting and was trying to get it out, in the
process he dislodged the cage, there was no goal-mouth scramble either.
The Ref (Buzz Christianson) was standing right there.  He decided that
UW goalie dislodged the cage on purpose.

Saturday nights decision was almost as bad.  The ref ruled that the UW
defenseman covered the puck in the crease intentionally.  He didn't
notice that the UW defenseman was pushed from behind and fell into the
crease.

All bitching aside, DU deserved to win one game this weekend, they
played well and the Badgers play ok, but they have to step it up pretty
soon.