From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 01:23:22 -0500
Mark Lewin wrote:

//Paul DiFrancesco, senior captain from St. Lawrence was all over the
//ice tonight. He scored 2 of the Larries' 4 goals and had assists on the
//other two. The rest of the ECAC must be real glad he's a senior this
year.

1) Well this is the first game his presence has been felt in about 10 games
now...in the other 10 he only had 6-7 points I believe...it was never
reported that he was injured, but I would bet something was going on...he
seemed back to his old self this weekend...finally;)

2) Just to clarify, it is not the Larries...I know everyone seems to love
to think that hehehe...I was actually quite surpised and a bit disappointed
that even the RPI announcer said the "St. Lawrence Larries coached by Joe
Marsh"...it is the Saints for those who might not know or maybe just choose
not to:)

3) I really wonder what the outcome of this game would have been had Coach
Marsh started Heffler in net...I will not take anything away from RPI
burying the puck when they had the chance, but I think an argument could me
made that this would have been a real barn-burner had Heffler played...I
would bet dollars-to-donuts that 2 non-tipped, clear sight line shots from
the point would not have trickled in at the very least;)  I was
*incredibly* surprised to see Symington in the net for this one and if
Heffler was not injured, I think it was probably a huge mistake by Coach
Marsh...considering the end-to-end play in the last two periods by both
teams, this could easily have been a win for the Saints...

Kevin Todd
SLU '96
VLS '00