From:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph M LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:35:35 -0500
On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 21:16:06 -0500 Richard Hungerford
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>**PRESS CONFERENCE**
>        ECAC Hockey, Hockey East and USA Hockey will hold a joint
>press conference to announce two exciting new college hockey events, on
>Thursday, January 8 at 11:00 am at the new Tsongas Arena in Lowell,
>Massachusetts.  A tour of the new Tsongas Arena will follow the
>conclusion of the press conference.
===
Rumors, anyone???

(1)    An Eastern GLI over the Christmas break?  Face it, there are no
"outstanding" Eastern Holiday Tournys.  RPI's has really come down since
the 70's&80's.

(2)    Can we go back to a HockeyFest with the ECAC pulling out of Lake
Placid and HE out of the Fleece Center?  I'd go for that.

(3)    Joe Bertagna takes over as Easter Hockey czar.  Good copy, but why
the Tsongas?  You could do that anywhere.

(4)    The axe has been buried and Eastern Hockey reunites into one
conference called the Big East.  Championship at the Tsongas.  Lowell
might be a step down from Boston, but it is MILES ahead of Lake Placid.

Sorry, its the last day of vacation......
Joe