From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 18:31:27 -0500
Hi -

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Ben Flickinger wrote:
> I can't wait to break out the "Ov-er-ra-ted" chants when we face New
> Hampshire and Wisconsin in under a month at the Civic (of course we
> hafta have a lead to do that, but anything's possible)

  Be careful what you wish for <g> ....  The rabid Badger fans showered
down the same chant on UNH last December in the Badger Showdown, when
Wisconsin jumped out to a fast 4-0 first period lead against the seemingly
hapless Wildcats.  Considering UNH had NEVER beaten the Badgers in some-
thing like 14 tries, it seemed like deja vu all over again.  But wait !!
New Hampshire pumped in 5 unanswered goals of their own to close out the
first period and silence the Bradley Center crowd, and then the two teams
traded goals the rest of the night before UNH escaped with its first ever
victory over the Badgers 9-7.  I'm not about to predict what'll happen in
Omaha in another few weeks, but this UNH fan would be pleased with a
similar outcome :-) :-)

>>Welcome to division 1 UNO

  I second that !!  It was neat to see a Maverick sweater hanging in the
rafters of the Bradley Center last April amongst the more familiar - and
storied - sweaters of Michigan, Wisconsin, BU, etc.  It may have been an
anniversary celebration of the 50th NC$$ Ice Hockey Championship, but I
was glad to see Milwaukee and the NC$$ welcome its newest member to the
fold ....

  Cheers from Maryland - Jim
  Go Blue !!