From:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 1995 20:02:20 EST
I have to agree with Jason Moy's posting about the final penalty call.
My entire point was that the refs were so inconsistent that the call
was not at all surprising.  By my biased eye several *huge* mistakes
were made by the refs including missed offsides calls on 2-1 break-
aways, goals that were scored and not counted, 5-3 powerplays;-), etc.
Tamburro (sp.?) had a superb night and I could see why the last shot
would be frustrating for him.  I must say though that SLU had their
share of frustration throughout the game also....alone I think B.
Murphy missed about 4 wide-open-net shots and that is not to mention
poor S. Stevens...As I said, I was glad the game ended when it did,
before things got extremely ugly (fans included).

About the "larries" vs. Skating Saints debate, I do find this a border
line offensive nickname.  Those using it may not know why so I will
give my take on it.  People that I have know at Clarkson have for many
years called us (SLU) the larries as a degrading comment because of
a local highschool in the area that uses the larries as their nickname.
So this is meant, if I need to spell it out, to imply that SLU
plays like a highschool team.  This probably was not intended or even
know by most people, but if you lived in the area then you would know
what is meant by it....

Kevin Todd '96