From:
Jerry Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 19:48:30 -0400
Yah! Maine did have someone who played both on the Hockey team and the Baseball
team but know I forgot who it was. Aaaarrrrrgggg! That makes me mad! I just
knew!

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Dick Tuthill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>        Hey this is an acceptable dog days of summer topic!   I'm sure that
>there have been a lot of hockey players who played a second sport in college.
>Didn't Maine have one who was released by the baseball team shortly before
>the NCAA's?
>
>        Of course the one I'm most familiar with is David Emma of BC.   I
>remember thinking one spring Sunday morning while skating at UConn and
>watching BC warm up for a doubleheader out the west end of the rink that we
>had better head over there to see the game.   Alas,  too soon after the
>hockey season (indeed, UConn still had ice:-),  and he hadn't joined the
>baseball team yet.
>
>        -- Dick Tuthill

"Going through life is like driving on a crowded street,
don't worry about what you missed, just clean off what
you hit, and make sure you repair any dents left behind"