ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:26:57 -0400
I'm getting in the BEAR-LIEVE IT, SWEEP BEARLY A SWEAT, BEARS SNACK ON
GOPHERS, BEARS ROAR WHAT DO GOPHERS DO, OVER BITE OF COURSE MOOD.......

And just so no one is mistaken about the profile on our first opponents come
October17th and 18th, I've consulted with a knowledgeable source!

According to this source they are called gnawers (Gophers) with out much
bite!
Described as short legged with no neck, they persist to masquerade in maroon
and gold only to accentuate their shortcomings! They have also been described
as slow with poor eyesight....no wonder they can't ever see the finish!  A
phenomenal observation about them is that they use their short hairless tails
as an organ of touch while going backwards...well anything to help one's
range of motion out there on the ice....right!

On the other hand there is: OUR (BLACK) BEARS.....not just an animal but a
name for a particular point of view!  This usage comes from the way the
animal attacks sweeping his paw downward. There have been times when the
bears have given all away before they actually had possession. But, this
season they're selling not buying......come October 17th and 18th these bears
will no be sold short!

(-:

Vicki Price