ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Holly J. Robinson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:57:51 -0400
Unless we know the gender of each person that applied for the job we
can't really say how many qualified women actually applied for the job.
I don't think it should come down to an issue of gender, unless there
are concrete equity issues.  It is in the best interest of any sports
team that the best coach is chosen regardless of gender.
Another interesting point was brought up of why there aren't women
coaching men's teams.  Can anyone think of any reasons why that might
be?

Holly