ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 13:49:54 -0400
Holly J. Robinson wrote:

> Just to pose a question, does anyone think that Walsh should include
> forfeits in promotional brochures such as the one Wayne posted?
> Here's what I think.  Ethically, there seems to be a duty to let
> recruits know of the whole NCAA thing, which I'm sure they know of
> anyway, so we don't really need to beat them over the head with it.
> However, when talking about wins, why not include them all, even the
> ones taken away by the NCAA.  They were games that Maine won afterall.
> Now I know a lot of Walsh critics would probably say he's just trying to
> cover up the whole ordeal with violations, but I think it's just trying
> to put the best light on what they've done on ice, and isn't that what
> recruiting pr is all about?
> Just a few thoughts, I'd love to hear what others think.
>
> Holly

I agree that all the on ice wins should be included.  The players won
the games while the administration was responsible for most of the
infractions.  The players should not be penalized for those things that
they had no control over.

How many days til the puck drops?

John Duffill
An original friend of Maine Hockey