ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:02:14 -0400
Cathy Hart wrote:

> Ya hit that target dead center, Vickie!
>
> One thing that to me continues to stand out as a major thing to work on for
> the future Alumni Weekends is the very few returning players from the
> pre-Walsh era.  There are a few who come every time, wonderful guys, like
> this year: Jacques, Maher, Mann, Baker, Son.  When we did the benefit for
> Aubut, many more, including Coach Semler.  These guys are also important,
> although they didn't make it in the NHL, IHL, AHL, etc.  They went on and got
> careers, jobs, lives which can be great examples/ inspirations.  I have
> talked to some FMH Board members, and we are going to try to reach out to
> these guys through some of the players from their years here at Maine.  Hope
> to see more of them in the future!
>
> Cathy Hart

I think the purpose of listing where the former Bears are in their
hockey life is to celebrate their success and the success of the
University and it's hockey program.  It is in no way meant to demean the
"mediocre" players.  By the way, you cant be mediocre and play Division
1 NCAA hockey.  Anyone who plays at the University of Maine in any
ssports is way above average.

I am sure there are many former players who have gone on to do
outstanding things in their non hockey careers.  However, this is a
hockey discussion list and that is why we "celebrate" those current and
former Bears who excel in their sport.

John Duffill
An original friend of Maine Hockey