ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:46:01 -0400
From today's BDN..

Thursday, July 22, 1999
Maine hockey team to visit White House

The University of Maine men's ice hockey team, winners of the 1999
Division I national championship, will meet with President Clinton at
the White House on Aug. 2, U.S. Rep. John Baldacci announced Wednesday.

"We're very excited that this is going to happen,'' Baldacci said.

This will be the program's second trip to the White House. The Black
Bears met with the president after winning the title in 1993.