ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Jason Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:07:39 -0400
I hope the same doesn't happen to Maine next year.  The NHL draft preview has
Janik and Heisten going in the first round.  I may be wrong, but I believe the
last time Maine had a first round draft pick, he left after one season (and a
few extra games), a scoring record, and a Hobey Baker and went on to a pretty
good NHL career.  To my eyes, freshmen Janik and Heisten were the keys to the
success of last years team.  Say what you want about the first line and the
seniors.  They wouldn't have been there if their freshmen weren't so good.
Let's all pray for another good recruiting season by Walsh and Co........