ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:19:50 EST
DBD wrote, in part..
>Saw tonight's final score on CNN Headline News (3-1 Maine).  Closer game
>than I would have thought.  The Mass goalie must have been standing on his
>head again.

He played *very* well!  He must've stacked his pads a thousand times.
Our guys have got to think "1st shot low;  2nd shot high".  For most of
the game, Alphie could have accepted delivery and finished a pizza.

Generally a nice job by all the guys!

I didn't see the shot chart, but if UMass had more than 2 Grade A
chances, I missed the other one.  Their score was on just some sloppy
center ice defence by Maine ...  which didn't happen very often!
The other Grade A was a breakaway also by Blanchard that Alphie played
wonderfully.

All in all, UMass just neglected the offence and 3-1 seemed a wide
spread.

>To those who care, note I did NOT put the score on the subject line...

Not me.

>And does anyone on our list who placed their early orders want to share
>their seating location from the recent delivery of your Anaheim tickets ?
>Lindsay and I are in Sec. 203, downstairs.  Pretty good draw, considering
>some of the thread on HOCKEY-L...

I talked with several people at the game and all seemed to fare much
better than our Hockey-L friends :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing