ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Lisa Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:35:18 -0800
I received my tickets to the Final Four in Anaheim
and noticed that, although I had purchased lower deck
seats through the internet in January, the tickets I
received were for the upper deck.  I called Arrowhead
Pond and was told that all tickets are sold out.  The
lower deck was sold out last August - most tickets
were purchased by schools (can Final Four tickets be
purchased directly from school ticket counters?).
The NCAA had the Pond collecting ticket sales for all
decks and putting all names on a list in order of the
date of purchase.  Last week the NCAA finally
released the tickets (i.e. allowed the Pond to assign
seats) and the ticket office went about assigning
seats in the upper deck on a first-come-first-serve
basis.  I paid for my tickets on January 8 and the
best seats I could get are only 10 rows down from the
top!

I was also told that my next credit card statement
will show that they credited me the amount of the
lower deck tickets and re-charged me for the upper
deck tickets.

If you bought tickets over the internet, please check
your seat assignments and credit card statement to
see if you got what you paid for.

Arrowhead Pond is dealing with LOTS of calls from
very angry fans. They told me that they are very
unhappy with the way the NCAA handled the whole
ticket situation and that they are not likely to work
with the NCAA again.