ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Kevin Tompkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:58:38 -0500
Since I started this thread, I hope I can end it as well.
While it did generate a fair amount of discussion, I never
intended it to end up in a discussion of the problems with
Corporate America.  From the initial story I read, it sounded
like the puck had gone in and it was merely a "technicality"
that prevented the dealership from giving the truck away.
I never intended to demean the character of the Dodge
dealership in any way, shape or form.  I also was not aware
they were such a generous supporter of UMaine athletics.
Although some of the discussion has been good, I think
some are taking these issues to heart for their own
individual reasons and thus have hopped onto their soapbox
to explain their views on these issues.  The crowd did what
they did because it probably seemed like the natural response
since usually noone even comes close to winning the
vehicle.  Let's just say..... "close but no cigar!".

- Kevin

--
  Kevin C. Tompkins                     Comverse Network Systems
  phone/vmx = 1-888-525-3934 (x2251)    [log in to unmask]