ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:45:06 -0500
8bit
From:
Mathy Matturro <[log in to unmask]>
i just would like to say something about rich...

i have only been working for the team since the start of the semester
but ever since i got here i have always been down at the alfond and
rich was always the kind of guy that if he didnt know who you were he
would still say hi and smile in your direction...when i started working
for the team he became a friend of mine and one that would always make
me laugh or smile..just when i needed to..always greeting me with the
"ah-oh here comes trouble..." and for that i think that he was just a
great guy...i accidently broke the power pack for the camera that tapes
all of the games for coach...i never heard the end of it..for weeks he
was bugging me about it...but it was always funny always kind hearted
and always with a huge smile......rich was just a great guy and one
that any person would be proud to call there friend..and i can say that
i am lucky to be able to call him a buddy of mine and i dont really
think practice would be the same without having him make fun of me or
call me names...cause i liked it and he was one of the only people that
really ever got away with it....so i just wanted to say that he will be
dearly missed by anyone that could have called him a friend....and this
is made very evident by the preformace at the pep rally...and one last
thing..i was talking to a kid on the team, on the night that we found
out and he said to me...ya know i am just so happy that the last words
that i said to him were...thank you"....and thats true...so i want to
say thankyou to someone that always made me smile and laugh...thanks
buddy.....