ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"Carol J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:52:35 EST
In a message dated 2/21/99 7:42:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I want to throw my two cents worth in on this topic about being loud
 and supporting for the Black Bears.  I totally agree with the idea that
 people have to get more vocal during these games, but it's tough when
 you want to get up and cheer and clap and just yell, and there is
 somebody behind you saying "Hey sit down", that happened to a friend
 and myself this past weekend.  It was a season ticket holder who sat
 right behind my friend, she was so rude by saying that, she could have
 asked politely, but no she had to get get an attitude instead.  Then
 she has the nerve to give play by play comments throughout the whole
 game, and that made me madder as the course of the game went on.  I
 wanted to turn around and tell her to shut up, but I am a gentlemen and
 held in my temper.  It just pissed me off when students try to show
 some school spirit and you get told by "OLDER PEOPLE" to either sit
 down, or they will give you the dirtiest look.  Sometimes it doens't
 even seem worth putting up with all the crap to watch a simple hockey
 game, in which I pay for.  I'm not saying that every person there is
 rude, but there are many of them, and it ruins all the fun... People
 need to learn to loosen up a little, and think about how they were when
 they were in college rooting on their team.  Any comments??????
                                 JIM

Oh boy do I ever!!!!!!!!!!   You brought me outta lurker status on this one.
We have been putting up with a similar situation for a few years in our
section.  But the biggest problem person is YOUNGER than us!  She doesn't
enjoy my husband yelling at the refs!  We get stared at if we clap with the
band or chant with the students.  We move to other seats whenever we can and
you can believe next year we're looking for new season tickets in a fun
section.  Any room in the balcony for a couple of old farts who enjoy Maine
hockey to the fullest?  :-)

If you can't yell and scream and have a fun time at games...what's the point?
I think section O should just stay home.

Carol