ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 07:27:34 -0500
7bit
From:
Rick Sayles <[log in to unmask]>
On Sunday, D B Doucette wrote:

Prediction:  One of this weekend's teams, we think, will be shipped West

for the NC$$ round of twelve.  Personally, I'd rather see Eagles fly...

No, this will not happen.  The top four teams in the east will stay in
the east.  Currently that means Maine, UNH, BC and the top ECAC team
should stay in the east.  Remember the five and six seeds are sent
west.  Maine's priority is to become one of the top two seeds in the
east to draw a first-round bye.  Also remember the subjective polls mean
nothing; only the RPI and PWR numerical rankings have any bearing on the
tournament selections and seedings.  At this point it would be good for
Maine to drop a bit in the subjective polls; it gives them more
incentive to improve, and as a young team they do not need the pressure
that goes along with a top ranking.

Rick Sayles

Check out the "Unofficial" Maine Hockey Home Page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/5928/index.html