ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 20:57:03 -0400
Seats are a *hard* commodity to come by in the BIGS!
Detroit head coach, Scotty Bowman sent media heads rolling with an annoyed
plea for seats (for players' families). He expected a little help from them
to get NHL Higher Up (Gary Bettman) a "leg-up-on-it". At Colorado the Wings
had to bring their own bench for extra visitors! We thought we had problems (
Division 1 college hockey).

When asked by the media how he puts his teams together, sometimes mixing
positions, Bowman said, " We have some forwards who can't skate backwards." I
particulary loved this comment! (-:
According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune today, the team that wins game 1
has gone on to capture the Cup 46 out of 58 times since 1939!
Any predcitions?

P.S. Snow in goal for game 2!

Price