From:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leigh Torbin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 20:03:47 -0400
        Looking at the picture of BU in SI, I just remembered the only
thing that upset me during an incredible trip to Providence.
        Host Providence College, decided to hang their basketball banners
in the Civic Center, and left the hockey banners at Schneider.
        Providence College does have a fairly impressive list of hockey
honors won, and they should have used the opportunity to let the world know.
        This also would have been a perfect opportunity to draw attention
to their excellent women's hockey program, argueably the best in the country.
        Insted, fans got to see the Friar's hoop banners and the Big East
basketball banners, not the Hockey East ones.
        I understand that the basktball team actually does call the Civic
Center, while the hockey team does not, but this is the HOCKEY
championships and the basketball flags looked very out of place. It looks
funny seeing the Terriers with their prize, and banners from Georgetown,
Miami (FL) and Seton Hall over their shoulders. Put up the BU,
UNH and Maine flags, it's hockey after all.

Leigh