From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 14:52:24 -0500
Deron Treadwell writes:
>(taken from The Maine Campus)
>
>WALSH REFLECTS ON AMAZING SEASON
>Black Bears came out of nowhere to become title contenders
>by Larry Rogers Jr.
>Sports Editor
>        "I think (Imes) goes down as the best defensemen that has ever
>played college hockey," said head coach Shawn Walsh sitting in his office
>Monday afternoon.

Wow!  Does he intentionally say these things to start people going on
these topics, or what? :-)

I think Imes had a great season, but I just can't think of him as the
best ever.  Greg Brown, Brian Leetch, Mark Fusco, Rob Blake...

Brown, in particular, was an Imes-like player (or, perhaps, Imes was
Brown-like) in the way he returned from the Olympic Team, was the
backbone of his team although not being the most offensively-talented,
was awarded the HE Player of the Year, and came in as runner-up in
Hobey balloting.  The similarities are almost eerie.