Sender:
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 20:24:31 -0500
From:
"Eric J. Burton" <[log in to unmask]>
To: Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks <[log in to unmask]>
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks wrote:

> Ever hear of Big 12 Productions -- or Big East Productions -- or the Cornell
> Sports Network -- etc..., etc...
        Another interesting stat, how many times to you see a Womens
college basketball game on Prime time TV (Espn, Espn-2, MSC, NESN, etc.)
Not very many times. The rating would not even come close to Divison
1 football, or Mens Division one basketball. Right or Wrong womens sports
should still be played, I am not debating that but mens big money revenue
sports should not be mess with or included in the equasions because these
Mens sports programs finace the other teams for that college.

> > Which major conferences
> > are doing self-productions and which of these conferences are losing money?
> > How much?  Being a skeptic, it is hard for me to believe that the networks
> > would allow a conference to do network programing.
>
> Not the networks, but all of the other games -- the ones on Sportschannel, or
> ESPN2.
>
> If you're a skeptic, how come you believe the schools' financial data?
>
> AW

Eric J. Burton
Fighting Sioux Hockey  31-10-2
National Champions for Division I Ice Hockey.
R.I.P. 1996-1997 Bruins