Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 17:12:55 -0700
Since I posted this morning, I have received mail from over 30 different
people who all strongly disagreed with my opinions. 27 of these letters
contained obsenities and "academic" epithets (instults to my alma matter).
9 of them promised me that should I ever attend a game at Yost arena I
better not wear my BU jersey, else I get... er, "cold-cocked" in the
parking lot. (use your imagination to fill in the language actually used).

I will say four things regarding this whole matter:

First, both of my original posts dealt with my *personal* experiences in
Milwaukee last week. If you disagree, that's fine. Please don't threaten my
future children or talk about my mother.

Second, I *personally* felt that the public attitude of the Michigan hockey
team was that of elitism and arrogance. This has little to do with the
"best" thing, more to do with the fact that they ingored the
accomplishments of anyone but themselves.

Third, I was *Personally* offended by the behavior of many -- not all, not
most, not a majority of -- Michigan fans. Without any provocation, AFTER
the championship game, I was verbally accosted by three Michigan fans who
decided that I was a, er... "total jerk" because BU lost to North Dakota.
This happened throughout the long weekend. Not one fan from North Dakota
approached me in such a manner. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

Fourth, those of you who have chosen to respond to me in a very vulgar,
threatening, or otherwise insipid manner have done nothing but greatly
reinforce my opinion of SOME of Michigan's fans.

Again, I apologize if many of you felt I was "Michigan-bashing." And for
those of you that have sent me sincere, "pro-Michigan" posts and avoided
the low-brow approach, thank you for the intelligent discussions we've had
today.

Jason "Greenie" Greene
College Hockey Fan