From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 17:50:41 -0400
Yes, I still want to be removed from Hockey-L.
However, I'd like to bow out on a nicer note.  As
I just told a friend off-list, I'm generally quick to
speak, slow to think and very tongue-in-cheek.
My comments are almost always meant in a
comical tone, but are often read to be much
harsher than I intended.  Thankfully, over time,
my friends have come to realize this and accept
it as me simply being me.

RE: Vicki Price
Normally I'd apologize to Vicki for being such a
snot to her on the list, but I'm not going to ask
her to apologize for filling my inbox week after
week with the same stuff, so I'll leave it at that.
For crissakes, even I stopped my Darrin Madeley/
Denny Felsner for the Hobey crusade back in '92
after about a dozen posts. :-)

RE: being SO annoying as to drive others off of the list
This topic has come up off-list this afternoon, and
I must admit to doing this myself.  I think it was
back during my first year on Hockey-L, when one
of the stuffy, well-bred Michigan followers told me
that my running off at the mouth/keyboard wasn't
becoming of a Wolverine.  I don't think he posted it
to the list, but he went so far as to tell me that he
was unsubscribing rather than see my posts sully
the good UM name.  Puh-lease.  I doubt that the
university has had to worry much about spin control
due to my smartmouthing as compared to, say,
the ugly football stadium or the basketball program,
in general.  But, I digress.  My point is, everyone
annoys somebody to extremes.  (And, there's
another certain someone that many a Hockey-L-er
has been on the verge of flying to ________ and
doing great bodily harm to for being such a pain-
in-the-arse, but that's another story. :-)

RE: leaving the list
Let's face it folks, I haven't really contributed to the
list in the past couple of years, so Hockey-L is just
losing a lurker.  Big deal.  Probably happens every
day or two.  I'm not leaving the friends I made on the
list!  My e-mail address isn't changing, and I'll probably
look the same forever...plus or minus a few pounds,
hopefully the latter...so keep in touch and keep an
eye out for me at a rink near you.  And, by all means,
keep on enjoying the list!  Hitting delete so frequently
just doesn't work for me anymore, that's all.

Peace...

John Haeussler