From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg R. Berge
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 12:41:58 -0400
> Joe Mullen, a native of Hell's Kitchen, was the captain for Boston
> College in 1978-79.  His father was the zamboni driver at Madison Square
> Garden.

Neat stat:

Joe Mullen led New York Metropolitan Jr. Hockey Association in scoring
while playing for the New York Westsiders in 1974-75.

In 40 games he had 72 assists... and 110 goals.  182 points in 40 games.
Oh yeah, his team was 33-4-3.  Mullen slowed down a bit in the playoffs,
going 24-13-37 in 13 games  Condering the next leading playoff scorer on
his team had just 8 goals, I wouldn't be surprised if Mullen was assigned
an entire line to sahdow him most of ther time...

(Can't resist bonus stat: the Bergen Maulers went 1-38-1 and gave up 503
goals in 40 games, and their six goalies had GAA ranging from 8.00 to
16.15).

OK, now for the info.  Can anyone tell me *definitively*, *exactly*, where
the heck Hell's Kitchen is?

- Greg "I have way too many hockey research resources" Berge