From:
"Jennifer L. Iwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer L. Iwen
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 16:58:27 -0400
This year is the first year I had ever heard of the College Hockey
Humanitarian Award...  does anyone have more info about it? I know that
Blake Sloan won it this year, but how long has it been awarded?  Who are
some past recipients? Who was nominated?  What criteria go into nominating
someone?  Does every team nominate someone, or every conference, etc?  Why
isn't it given more publicity?  I would think the NCAA (or whoever gives
out the award) would jump at the chance to plug positive role models in
college athletics and give them more publicity... I'd be interested in
hearing Sloan's take on the award and on his position as a role model...
thanks for any info.