From:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 10:37:43 -0500
     Just a quick reply to Greg's post yesterday re: Jack Parker.  The only
     thing said that I didn't agree with was about Kevin Paul Dupont's
     relationship with the college game.

     In January, I would have agreed that KP Dupont doesn't respect the
     college game.  However, he was the sideline reporter for the February
     ECAC game-of-the-week telecasts on Empire Network, and filled the same
     role during the ECAC tournament from Lake Placid.  When I first saw
     him, I was pretty shocked, knowing how much of an NHL guy he is.  He
     did a serviceable job, nothing spectacular, but he did a better job on
     the "say nothing in as many words as you can" between-periods
     interviews than most.  He won me over when he took his cameraman into
     the depths of the Houston Field House in Troy to show the RPI
     Wall-of-Fame (pictures of Juneau, Oates, Puppa, Carter, etc.) that the
     Engineers walk past on their way to the ice from the locker room.

     Other than that, Greg's final paragraph was right on:  The Sox are in
     their first week, the Pats haven't done anything stupid lately (other
     than driving up Desmond Howard's pricetag), and both winter teams are
     planning what to do with their #1 picks, so they've got to write about
     something.

     Matt