From:
"Joan M. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joan M. King
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 02:00:55 -0400
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"We have a policy on HOCKEY-L that the exploits of college hockey
players after they leave college are generally off topic.  But this is
an exploit that has direct relevance to the world of college hockey
and US hockey as a whole."

"Tonight in Montreal, Team USA defeated Team Canada, 5-2, in Game 3 to
take the inaugural World Cup.  Over the history of the sport of ice
hockey, very few international tournaments have ever been held that
qualify as true world championships involving the very best each
country had to offer."

This World Cup for ice hockey is not the real inaugural World Cup.
Women have been playing in their World Ice Hockey Cup for several
years now with Canada always winning.  When I saw the U.S. men's
hockey team win, it gave me hope that the U.S. women will finally beat
Canada to win their World Cup coming soon in Kitchner or Toronto,
Canada.

Joan