From:
Tom Smith Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Smith Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 19:38:34 -0400
Jason Greene wrote:

"Growing up in Hawaii, I had no exposure to the sport. The only games I had
seen in my entire life were the games at the Lake Placid Olympics; but, I
was 10 at the time, and nobody in the house knew what the heck icing was,
when faceoffs were called, blah blah blah.

In the spring of my senior year of high school, I knew I was heading off to
Boston University, but had no idea of what kind of hockey tradition the
school had. Heck, I didn't know that there even was such as thing as NCAA
Division 1 Hockey."
(portion deleted)
I was hooked, without ever seeing ice or snow in my life."

Just want to second that, Jason, from a fellow "Hawaiian," McKinley High
School '83!  I, too, grew up in the tropic and never witnessed a hockey
game until I came to Cornell.  It took one game, vs. Brown, my junior year,
and I was gone....Proud to say that we hung on to our season tickets and
are looking forward to the coming season.

I know, I know, what am I doing?  I have been away from the list for a
couple of years now.  But, I was looking up some information and came
across the archives on the web.  So I thought I threw in my two cents and a
quick ALOHA to the folks.  I notice there are a lot of new names, but Mike
is still holding forth.  Thank goodness.

I'll be back visiting from time to time.

Aloha,

Tom S. Tseng
International Affairs and Pacific Regional Office

(607) 254-7183
Fax:  (607) 254-7169

#Cornell Big Red: Undefeated 1995-96 Ivy League Hockey Champions and#
               #1996 ECAC Tournament Championship Winner#
"The first time I heard a 'confirmed' report that Deng was dead was
in 1989.  But each time it gets a little more likely, doesn't it?"

David Wivell, producer of Worldwide Television News in Beijing, on
fresh rumors that patriach Deng Xiaoping had died.

From "In Other Words" Far Eastern Economics ReviewAugust 1, 1996