From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 1995 22:29:04 +0001
Notes from listening to the Harvard-Clarkson game while driving in
the snowstorm on our way to UNH Saturday:

"Kevin B. Powers" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Harvard took a 2-1 lead 9 minutes into the period as #25 Geb Marett scored
>his second goal of the game, and of the season (and rumored, of his
>career .... he is a senior).  The goal gave Harvard a lift as they began

According to the Harvard radio announcers, these were Marett's first two
career scores.  Don't be too harsh, though; I don't think he played that
much until last year.

>LET'S GO TECH

Just what is passing for an Ivy education any more?  The Harvard radio
announcers, hearing the Clarkson crowd chanting, "Let's Go Tech!!",
commented that they didn't know why they would say such a thing, and
wondered if anyone knew why the crowd was chanting that.  I guess the
WHRB staff doesn't maintain historical files or pass along any hockey
history.  For those who don't know, like those ignoramuses at Harvard,
Clarkson University used to be Clarkson Institute of TECHNOLOGY.

-Defender of Engineers, MIT '76
--Rick
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
I bet they can't add, either.      A proud BC fan.  GO EAGLES!