Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 16:20:58 -0400
Personally, I don't think Minnesota has anything to be ashamed of.  They
compete every season for the National title, and I know that most every team
wants to stay away from them when it comes down to it, no question about it.

I think he is being extra hard on Minnesota, regarding last years loss.  Of
the four teams in the Final Four, if most people had to seed them Minnesota
would not have been a favorite, they would have been third or fourth.  There
was no question the best two teams were BU and Michigan.  I also don't think
BU was sitting in the locker room shaking being tied 3-3 going into the
third period.  They had a very experienced, and explosive club I think they
were probably pretty confident.  Incidently, the Final Four was my first
experience with Minnesota fans (being from Maine) and I was impressed with
them, as I was with the Wisconsin fans who made the trip to Providence!

It's funny that this article should come out now, when many people feel that
Minnesota are much improved from last season, and quite possibly *are* a
early season favorite to go all the way this year.  I personally wouldn't
hold much faith in this writer, who seems to be very short-sighted.

Just my two cents from Maine,
-------
Deron [log in to unmask]

  MMM          MMM  University of Maine Hockey
  MM MM      MM MM
  MM  MM    MM  MM
  MM   MM MM    MM
  MM     M      MM  Owner/GM/Coach:
  MM            MM  Maine Mariners-The EHH's New Threat
  MM            MM  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/ehh.html
-------