From:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian D Helland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:46:14 -0600
I want to put my two cents in on the outrage that MSC committed on
Saturday Night.  Denver and BU were playing for a spot in the NCAA Hockey
Final Four.  It was a good game, tied 1-1 after two periods.  Then,
Minnesota Sports Channel decided that a Gopher Basketball Pep
rally was infinitely more important than a hockey game that decided a
spot in the Final Four.  Now let me just say that I hope that the Gopher
Basketball team does well at the Final Four and just to shut up the
national media I hope that they win it all.  But there is simply no
excuse for what MSC did on Saturday Night.  None!!!!!  I don't care HOW
popular college basketball is, and I don't care HOW popular the Gophers
are right now.  There is no way in heck that 2 and a half hours of pure
unadultered hype about the Gopher Basketball team is more important than
a game to determine one of the participants in the Final Four of College
Hockey.  College Basketball fans already get all the coverage that
their little hearts desire on every other network (ESPN, CNN, ect.).  It
wouldn't kill them to not have some hype-filled pep rally on the air so
that college hockey fans like myself could watch my favorite sport on TV
for once.  MSC....you owe college hockey fans a public apology.  RIGHT NOW.

Brian.
(GO SIOUX!!!)