From:
"Jeffrey S. Piek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey S. Piek
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 09:47:23 -0600
We may not have started the chant at Miami (we've only been chanting
the last two weeks), but here's a new twist to the sieve-goalie chant.
During the third period at Miami home games, our mascot throws a couple
of hockey tee shirts into the crowd.  During Saturday's game against
MSU, a student standing by the glass swiped one from Tom-O-Hawk (known
to the cheering section as The Bird).  They then began a Sieve-Klepto
cheer pointing the theif out to the police.  The officer took his name
and throw him out of the game.  Unfortunately, the shirt was not
recovered since one of his friends had it a ran out of the rink.