From:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 20:50:06 -0500
Moynihan has been playing extremely good hockey gor several weeks now, and
his line of Kyle Knopp and Mike Rutter has been on a scoring tear as of
late.  They're a danger whenver they're on the ice, and it's about time
either he or Rutter was recognized for a rookie of the week performance.
Knopp, incidently, appeared to be double shifting against Brown.  Seeing as
he scored two goals, didn't look like a bad idea.

I thought Elliot's bad game against Vermont would mean his demotion, but it
appears that the reverse logic was applied.  Perhaps Schafer, with the
utmost confidence in the guy who took the Red to the title last year,
didn't want to dent Elliot's confidence and decided to go with him for what
looks to be the rest of the way.

Finally, as for Keith Peach - you gotta like the unsung hero type.  A guy
who's been on the short side of the lineup card for most of the season,
comes up big when he plays.  And everbody loves him for it.  Plus, being
one of a dearth of sophomores on this years team, people like seeing that
we do have some talent in that year that isn't named Kyle Knopp.  (we'll
need it eventually).

Scary Union team, huh?  I don't want to have to play them in the playoffs.
And Vermont ONE goal against Union ALL SEASON.  Pretty impressive.  If they
had scoring ... who knows what they could do.

Larry Weintraub,
Cornell University
Let's Go BIG RED!!!!!

Quote of the Semester:
   "Our program was coming but when we played Cornell our building just
changed.  The Cornell fans brought a lot of their chants and their
tradition to this building.  From then on, our crowd has taken off"

                --Michigan Hockey Coach Red Berenson