ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 18:28:30 -0500
Another thought.......  It may just be simple apathy.  What else would
explain why, with 4,000+ attendance, and statewide interest in the team, the
FMH membership is below 500?  People want the entertainment, (and they get
it!) but fail to see the absolute need for support, not only in dollars, but
in spirit.

I love the students, and hope they arrange the ticket situation to more
reasonably approximate the typical student lifestyle.  At least they make
noise!  In "my" section, people look at me as if I am annoying them and not a
"lady" because I have a loud shout (former cheerleader!) and I use it.
 Hockey is a raucous physical sport.  If you want dignity, go to the MCA!