ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bill Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:12:41 EST
This weekend should prove to be, not just challenging, but an indicator of wher
e we stand. Northeastern is a different team at home as is BU. Although, I gues
s everyone is to some degree.  This weekend will also mark the first time Shawn
 Walsh will return to the friendly confines of Walter Brown Arena. I asked Wals
h about returning to BU where he is a fan "favorite" for the Terrier faithful.
He said, "It's a hostile environment, and they will be on me"  He also added, "
They will call me every name in the book, but it's nothing I've haven't heard b
efore."   Interesting. The fans at the Brown will most certainly be all over Wa
lsh, but once the attention starts to shift towards the game itself I think the
people who will be lucky enough to be there Saturday night will be treated to a
n old fashioned BU-Maine hockey game. It appears as though Michaud will get the
 call Saturday night, and this will be another test for him. He's already playe
d out in Michigan and Lake Superior so hopefully that experience will carry ove
r. However, this is his first BU game and it is in Boston, which is pretty hard
 to compare that to any other situation.  It will also be interesting to see ho
w the other freshman on the team will perform in BU. Guite and Larose have been
 playing solid hockey lately-and this will be there first game against BU as we
ll. You can prepare so much, listen to so much, try to figure out what to expec
t, but the bottom line is, there is no way to get a feel for a BU-Maine game un
til you step out on the ice. So that will be some key points to the game as wel
l.