ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 23:59:42 -0400
I'm sending this to all of you on the Maine list if only to remind you that
it is not just Maine fans who subscribe to our list.

Howard, I will not post to you at your employer's account.  Think of it as
me asking you to hold to a higher standard of ethics, much as you castigate
Maine sports for its lapses.

I held off sending any comment to the original post you made below; I chose
to exercise restraint.  You now know of the details of Mike Dunham and Cal
Ingraham, but you took it one step beyond by sending to the Maine list with
the Jackie Parker comment.

I am compelled to send what I had first decided not to...

-------------
held post follows:

>This isn't intended to start a bunch of Maine bashing.  Now that everything
>has been resolved, I'm just looking for a re-cap of why the Championship was
>in question and what the NCAA reasoning was for not taking it away.

All us Maine fans will be watching to see whether you remain true to the
pledge in that first sentence.  I would have preferred you mkaing, however,
a statement such as:

"I will not bring this subject up again"

If and when you do get an answer, (which I will not give you because it is
in the HOCKEY-L archives, and in the NC$$ site, as Wayne Smith said in his
post, so that you can do your own legwork), will that satsify your
curiosity ?

The three-year probation period which is still in effect ought to please
you no end, so that, I guess, you could say it is NOT "resolved".

held post ended
-----------------

And after your most recent post, Howard, let me make one more observation:

Strange you've made NO posts about the PC-UNH brawl.  For such a devoted
fan of UNH not to comment, even with a "defence" of the incident, is
somewhat surprising.  You DID, however, take your employer's time and
bandwidth to send a shot to Maine fans on our list, but nothing to HOCKEY-L
on your own current team of thugs.

One thing I can say about all the time that Maine was guilty of its NC$$
infractions, at no time in that period did they engage in a post-game brawl
of the likes your team just did against Providence.

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80