ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Howard Quimby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 10:28:26 -0500
> JACK PARKER, Boston University:
>
> "It doesn't give Hockey East a bad rap, it gives Maine a bad rap."
>
> "I think it is foolish to hold it against the people who are playing
> for the University of Maine.  That's not the problem."
>
> Parker would not elaborate but said he thought the way Maine handled
> the case was unbelievable.
>
> "I just think it's extraordinary.  What is extraordinary is the
> reaction from the president and director of athletics -- how
> they've handled it.
> That whole situation is abosolutely extraordinary."

Are these the negative comments from Parker that everyone thought were
directed at Walsh?  I read these and have to agree with Parker.  This whole
thing *does* give Maine a bad rap.  It *is* too bad that the current players
are being penalized.  And the handling of the situation by the president and
AD *has been extraordinary*.

I think Parker is right on the money.  There's nothing blatantly negative or
damaging toward Walsh or Maine in the above comments.  I think people are
reading between the lines on this one.

  \_  \_  \_     Howard M. Quimby                [log in to unmask]
  \_\_\_  \_     Natural Intelligence, Inc.      Tel (617) 876-7680 x1208
  \_ \__  \_     Cambridge, MA                   Fax (617) 492-7425